Re: [microsound] texture as narrative

> My name is Kenric and I'm new to the list

Welcome Kenric,

> In other words, would a drone piece with slowly changing filters,
> for example, have the same type of narrative structure as say,
> the film Wavelengths by Michael Snow, and could this still be
> considered narrative

Yes and no. Music is the only metaphor within which we create
the mythology of reason. Abstract painting perhaps approaches
these mythologies but it lacks the level of palpability and
intimacy that is intrinsic to music. Structure of meaning is
only haphazardly applied to music. If you look in the box
the cat is dead.

    Akira