Re: [microsound] failure redux

> - it is naive to think that this sort of work will fool serious
listeners
> (for long)...

And what exactly are these "serious listeners?"  I suspect the definition
is just a bit circular, as in:  "serious listeners" are those who know
"good music," while "good music" is that which "serious listeners"
determine to be so.

We, being here, become self-appointed "serious listeners," but is not the
reaction of a "casual user" equally valid?  Music made only for "serious
listeners" tends to seek self-righteousness in claustrophilic insularity.

PS - I like the idea of Oulipo within the context of music.  The thought
of taking a Perecian "Void" approach to sound has certainly started the
head-scratching here...

Joshua / Thermal / Boxman [Hako Otoko] label
mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.wenet.net/~thermal/

--Boundary_(ID_cd8nSikZgDIp9vcq5FrBzQ)