Re: [microsound] snd + shirt trax

> > snd track on clicks and cuts blown my flittering mind, what albums is this
> > track best representive of?
> It´s best represented on their great Mille Plateaux CD, which I think is just
> called "snd". Check out the Mille Plateaux web for correct info
> (http://www.mille-plateaux.com).

the correct title is _makesnd cassette_.  it's essentially mellow
asynchronous dubby glitches.  they also have three 12" eps available,
two on their own label (snd) & a newer one (released post-_cassette_) on
city centre offices made of a long track & a bunch of locked grooves.

> I think one member of snd is also part of the Shirt Trax project on Touch,
> though I haven´t heard this one.

shirt trax's _good news about space_ (on touch sublabel or) is fairly
different from snd in execution: rawer (but lovely) bleeps & noises
organized unidimentionally in quite an abstract fashion.  sonically it
doesn't have a lot in common with snd but you can tell that both
projects share some of the same intents, notably the minimal use of
layering for maximal effect & a certain twist on the 'passive listening'
take (though shirt trax does provide some particularly interesting
active listening which is probably why it's my favorite of the two).

also recommendable are shirt trax's _chewables_ on falsch: excellent
short studies in the post-digital area which we all seem to be into.  :)

~ david