mac emulators, soundhack...mixer

greetings all, this talk of soundhack and reaktor gets me thinking I should have a mac, but I don't. I love the pc programs for sound generation and what not, especially the simple, fun ones like fruity loops. But I am interesting more advanced processing. I like to try my knowledge and creativity in some DSP processing. A friend of my on this list recently donwloaded a pc emulator, for his imac and I am wondering about the opposite. what are the best mac emulators that are capatible with programs like soundhack, or reaktor even protools that I can download off the internet?
another technical question, does anyone know of a program for pc that acts like a virtual mixer, but is a program that links other programs. On some of the programs I use there are no external volume or eq controls, and I find this frustrating in live situations while trying to introduce a new track. I would like to have a simple mixer that works for programs not things plugged into my computer. This inquiry could reflect my lack of knowledge of my soundcard, its capabilities and my computer but that doesn't matter, I need some advice. what do you think?
ad_n