cell phone piece

I've been thinking of making a live performance piece for alot of cell
phones...timing their calls to ring within one half second of each other,
making some ring simultaneously...some to hear the same message, some
not...etc.
Difficult, completely illogical problems that every time I talk to a tech
person in the industry they look at me like "what the &^%%$ do you wanna do
that for?"
Anybody on this list have any experience with a commercial HBX or "local
switch", i.e. the voicemail systems used in just about any business? Any
ideas on how I could learn to program one? Any comparable software
(preferably for mac) that I could use to mimmick it?
Thanks,
Kathy
Don't be shy to respond offlist if you have enough to tell me that might
bore everyone else.

320 Esplanade #55
Pacifica, CA 94044
eventually 415-289-2029