Re: [microsound] oh....

ma_hovina:

>> patrick king:
>>>i didn't fork over any money for this series:: the cost
>>>of mail order from australia often makes musical
>>>ventures a little out of order, and 20' to 2000 was not
>>>within my $1 to one minute ratio rule for music
>>>consumption::
>
>multipara:
>> fair enough... in germany it was (*was*) available for 2 minutes per $1
>> (current ratio).
>
>How much music should cost? How much 1cm of a painting stuff should cost or
>1kg of an sculpture?
>I think this discussion is ridiculous :(

i personally don't go by a ratio rule but many people do, and if you stay
within specific genres and their specific use of time and density, i can
understand that when your resources are limited, that's a factor to go by.
i don't think the comparison to size with paintings or even weight with
sculptures is fair. and of course the question is not about value but about
price.

p.