Re: [microsound] Ritornell takes a liberty?

In a message dated 5/12/00 11:18:25 PM, sony_mao@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< they simply use the same motiff.
though ritornell is indeed a label, i do tend to regard it as a series, in
that these releases might just as well come out on mille plateaux. setting
them aside as a ritornell release seems an effort by achim to highlight them
as something special, with a subtext that is shared by the artists (or the
particular musics) featured. >>

fine. then who is the artist and what is their intent? only then can it be
judged or not judged.
I liked it at first but it grew old fast, real fast,  which is not good for
the sound artist/performer as they are at mercy to our discussions about this
.... as it is not theirs but only bears their name.
Say: "Kim's  CD was great but I was trying to see how it connected to Stillups
teypa's which has the same cover?" what is the intent? is there a connection
or not? Did Kim want his work connected to these other works? Kim? was that
Kim's intent OR the labels intent? Kim,?/Akira? anyone  on
Ritornell.(Taylor?) do you feel compromised? just curious, if it's fine with
you then it will of course be judged as such.
To me if the work was created to be presented in that manner it is fine, but
if the artist had another vision....
-pH