"large"n"small" microstars

At 12:45 PM 6/16/00 -0400, you wrote:
why is it that when you go to see 'larger' artists that you somehow leave more disappointed than when you go to see relatively 'small' artists. i know this is slightly an off topic musing, however after being

I find it funny that we are speaking of "larger" and "smaller" artists here, when by the standards of star calibration, any microstars are well past the "smallest" extreme of the spectrum. As an example, I was in Chicago at the time of the Brinkman and RRR show at the Empty Bottle - a nice one and surprisingly a night of crowd-pleasing mixes and floor-filling tracks - and the big debate among those with whom I spoke was: which one is which? The photo in the Reader showed Brinkman with a shaved head, whereas for the show it was RRR who went hairless, confusing several people. To me, one of the "larger" stars of the discussion would require at the very least recognizability at his or her own shows, and I would expect also an entourage of adoring groupies and obsessive geargeeks, whereas at least in Chicago the latter appeared to be in hiding. And as far as I was able to measure from several feet away - hair not withstanding - Brinkman and RRR were about the same size.

np - The Human League "Reproduction"

NOTE NEW DOMAIN FOR E-MAIL & WEB:
joshua maremont / thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
boxman [hako otoko] label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/