[microsound] Re: microsound Digest 17 Jun 2000 20:03:06 -0000 Issue 111

It can be dangerous dragging your only B&W G3 +moniter to all your
shows for max/msp processing...etc.  I have had no problems yet, though i
need to prevent any potential problem with a laptop.  The question is: buy
now?, or wait it out (as hard as that may be) for the "next" powerbook
plateau.  Any suggestions?

Although this doesn't exactly address the concerns stated above, is anyone out there experimenting with networked performances?

I think it's especially relevant given the recent performances at the Anchorage; for all intents and purposes the artists didn't need to physically be there. (This may be a contentious point since part of the performance was the nature of the mix in the physical space, but I'm sure a situation could be imagined where the space was less of an issue.)

Additionally, it seems reasonable to me that as long as acoustic quality was maintained, you could have a comparably compelling experience in a online/virtual environment. Though huge, the visual stimuli at the Anchorage were, after all, pretty minimal.

Josh.
--Boundary_(ID_i9iOtFof5F6pd5BJbBR6lQ)