Re: [microsound] Autechre's EP7 [was: Ovalprocess confusion]

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, [iso-8859-1] ivind Ids wrote:

> A great track, though (sort of Coil-ish), and perhaps the best one on
> this rather non-great release.

EP7 was definitely a grower for me. Give it a few more listens and see
what you think of it after that. It might not be as engaging as Chiastic
Slide or Tri-Repetae, but they're still progressing imo. It seems to me
like Autechre is going through a transitional phase right now and their
work is getting looser and more process oriented perhaps. What made me go
back and give EP7 another chance was hearing their latest Peel Sessions
(from '99, I think) which are in the same vein, but maybe more "musical"
in a traditional way. I'm not the most experienced person when it comes
to DSP plug-ins and all that, but most of EP7 sounds pretty baffling to
me, which I can't say about most IDM... It'll definitely give the
Schematics of the world something new to aim for in the next 5 years. : )

I'm rambling again...

Andrei

--Boundary_(ID_1/Ft+HkUho5Vg70yutZbHw)