RE: [microsound] popularity of new music

David,

>if your favorite artist likes to whore themselves for a
>slavery-driven corporation every once in a while, that's mostly their
>problem; if they can take the heat, by all means shall they go for it;
>it doesn't mean i will follow the rest of their career but they're
>certainly free to do it...  (much in the same way my interest in david
>carson or mike mills (the designer) naturally waned after looking at
>their corpie work for micr*soft or g*p...  so long & thanks for the
>thrills.)

I find attitudes like the one expressed above rather worrying. How does one
go from liking an artist or musician to not bothering about their later
works just because the artist/musician has decided to make a little money
by providing their work to a company for its use in the company's ads? I
find it a rather luddite (even elitist) reaction which is funny considering
that most of those companies probably supply the everyday products you use
without any compunction everyday. Such as your stereo you listen to the
music you have bought on or some such down to the mundane such the toilet
paper you wipe your arse on.

The above is not meant to be a flame you have your views and are perfectly
entitled to them. I just don't see what all the fuss is about and I only
ever judge a musician by their music I don't let other trivial things such
as the licensing of their music to a company for their use in advertising
or otherwise get in the way of my listening pleasure. Hell I still listen
too and respect Brian Eno's work, even though he worked on the startup
sound and other sounds for Win95 for the devil incarnate Microsoft. Yep, I
too dislike Microsoft but i'm not going to let that dislike for their
shitty software interfere with my enjoyment of Brian Eno's music or anyone
elses music that I enjoy.

Anyhow maybe this topic should go off list as it has little to do with the
actual music?

Regards,

John