Re: [microsound] Re: Apres Morty et Luigi, Bernie!

On 09/09/2000 18:11, Gregory Taylor said in living color:

> For Morton Feldman, I'd suggest
>
> "Rothko Chapel/Why Patterns?" [New Albion NA039CD]
> "Coptic Light/Piano and Orchestra/Gello and Orchestra" [Argo 448 513-2]
> Or the recent John Tilbury box of Feldman's piano music [it$ an import, $adly]

Excellent recommendations. "Rothko Chapel" is probably my favorite Feldman
piece. The piano music is also interesting indeed (I have Aki Takahashi's
recording on Mode), especially the later ones (e.g. "Palais de Mari").

I'll add "Piano and String Quartet" (Kronos Quartet/Takahashi) to these
suggestions. I like it almost as much as "Rothko Chapel".

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - gollum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west