Re: [microsound] process vs achievement

From: Kenric McDowell <kenric@xxxxxxxxx> (in repsonse to anechoic
<kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
>> ...the sound has to work without any extra information...
>I disagree. Hasn't it been established that a work or "text"
encompasses all
>associated ideas, cultural biases, extra information that a viewer or
>listener brings to the reception of the work? To assume otherwise
>presupposes an ideal listener who does not know the process/does not
know
>about the tools in general/knows nothing about music composition....
Well, it's yet just the communicational inherent to music that it
(ideally) would convey those basic aspects of (compositional) intention
and meaning carried therewith ; however, additional information _can_ be
useful, particularly for some more hermeneutic purposes...
-ah
Alexandra Hettergott.

_______________________
Alexandra Hettergott
1, avenue des Gobelins
   /boîte 23
F-75005 Paris/France
Tél/fax:   +33-(0)1-43 31 41 27
Mél:        a.hettergott@xxxxxxxxxx
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/a.hettergott/
     _,,_
  ²( o  o )³
   \ ` ï   //                ... pequeños ruidos
     """"           proyectados en el tiempo ...