Re: [microsound] Re: [313] pole show in d?

i totally agree, although my reaction to the record was pretty different
from oivind's rapture of subtlety. i like 3 the best of the pole records
because it is, ahem, the least experimental, at least in terms of form. i
was very taken by the pole aesthetic when first i heard it, but not until 3
did i think he'd managed to make his approach *musical*, which is what i
ended up wanting. (1 and 2 contained isolated successes in this respect --
"tanzen," "fahren," "stadt" -- but 3's got it goin' on for the duration.)
maybe it's because the sounds are abstract enough as it is, putting them to
use in a relatively standard, even easygoing framework made them all the
more enjoyable...? or maybe it's just that the types of songs stefan writes
best are the more straightforward ones.

sc