pierre henry and schaeffer and lopez and others

>It would seem that pioneers like Henry and Schaeffer have paved the way
>(directly or indirectly) for artists like Lopez to focus on a more
>specialized form of composition. Music is definately not a race to see
>who has the most ideas. Perhaps what you are really saying is that you
>admire Henry and Schaeffer's output more than Lopez's? By the way, I have
>the Schaeffer box and love playing it on random/shuffle mode.

Never thought music is a race or something like that, but putting ideas
into (a) composition, instead of making the same old boring things over and
over, isn't exactly a matter of race.
I'm exactly affirming - at the risk of being extremely unpopular among the
people on this list - that Francisco Lopez is a bluff.
I've been professionally active in the music field for a long time now
(writing for magazines, working for radio broadcasting and in the
distribution field) and probably I'm also far older than the average
microsound subscriber: that means I've had the chance to follow a lot of
experimental/electronic stuff for 20 years now (again no matter of race,
though). I've some old stuff of Lopez, published on cassette only around
mid-80's by some obscure Spanish labels (at the time he often used the
moniker El Internado), and I can assure you - believe me - it was/is the
same flat and boring stuff, with no electroacoustic depth & vision (which
people like Günter, Chartier and Roden do have in plenty i.e.), of his
current releases. There were far more interesting Spanish projects at the
time, which - curiously or not - have never reached any renown. One name
above all: L'Akstremaunçiò whose cassette "Pogrom a Aschkenas" (on French
label Les Ballets Mecaniques) and radio shows "Escorxador 5" and "El pa
dels pobles (L'opi del poble)" were absolutely stunning (no microsound
though, we're talking of things happening at least 15 years ago). As far as
I know their sole excellent LP called "Salò", which I had the chance to
listen to a demo of, has never been published sadly.
Bye
nicCat

P.S. If anybody on this list (from Catalunya, Spain or wherever) have any
idea about tracking down Jordi Espinach (tha main man behind
L'Akstremaunçiò and those wonderful radio transmissions), I would be very
grateful to make contact with him again. Thanks!

P.P.S. A list of favourites for this year (in no particular order):

RAYMOND SCOTT: Manhattan Research Inc. (Basta)
BERNARD PARMEGIANI: Pop'eclectic (Plate Lunch)
RICHARD CHARTIER: Series (Line)
C-SCHULZ/HAJSCH: S/T (Sonig)
THILGES 3: Hackerbrücke (Thilges)
RADBOUD MENS: Sine (Staalplaat)
OTOMO YOSHIHIDE: Plays the Music of Takeo Yamashita (P-Vine)
ERIC LA CASA: The Stones of Threshold (Ground Fault)
FENNESZ/O'ROURKE/REHBERG: The Magic Sound of Fenn O'Berg (Mego)
DAT POLITICS: Villiger (a-musik)
ANDREW CHALK: Crescent (Robot Records)
TOSHYA TSUNODA: Extract from Field Recording Archive #2 (Häpna)
FENNESZ/ZEITBLOM/RANTASA: Music for an Isolation Tank (Mego)
METAXU: S/T (Plate Lunch)
JASON KAHN: Drums and Metals (Cut)
MALTE JASPERSEN: Water Dripping in a Dish (Traurige Tropen)

NICOLA CATALANO
Via Marconi, 92 (Parco Angelica)
80046 S. Giorgio a Cremano (NA)
Italia