Re: [microsound] toshiya tsunoda

At 08:56 PM 11/30/00 +1100, cray wrote:
i just picked up Toshiya Tsundoa cd  #2, its great ...wonder what micro mic
he is using??
anyone got #1...whats that like?

#1 is excellent and sounds about as one would expect from his methods and titles; the pieces are quite raw recordings of locational sounds as captured by contact microphones on generally resonnant surfaces. Rather than compositions these seem snapshots of locations as filtered through quite unnatural hearing, as if one is listening to the world through the ear of an inanimate object. I cannot compare the two albums - I do not have the second - but given the common title and the apparent similarity of approach, I expect there to be some resemblance between the two. His contributions to the "Silverworld" compilation on Soup-Disk - my introduction to him as well as to many of those on Zero Gravity and elsewhere - are also quite nice.

np - "Across the Cell Wall" (Kodama compilation)

joshua maremont / thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
boxman studies label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/

--Boundary_(ID_YD6M6o4lRJMecEaVhc8EZw)