Re: [microsound] Re: Mic preamps

ian,
that sounds amazing! i would love to hear some of your music or any of the
bands you listed. my band here in austin is called unit33 and we're a live
oriented,sample based duo that covers a wide range of electronic music from
the most deconstructionistic to total hard beats. there are several very
good bands here like mr. resistor a 2-5 piece group that is very psychedelic
and jammy,they incorporate classical samples and very good beats and bass.
then there's the transexformers, a multiple turntable group that goes from
just spinning great tracks to total sonic chaos. the tidbits are a trio that
is somewhere between microstoria and th art ensemble of chicago. MFH is a
band from dallas that is an improvised sample/texture band. sub oslo(whom
you may have heard of) is a dark dub band from denton,tx. that is a small
cross section of what is emerging down here. unit33 is putting on a weekly
event called Digital Sunday which is a music/digital art performance in a
club called the mercury lounge. we have at least 2 different bands and
artists every week and we're doing it right on 6th street! this
sunday(dec3rd) is the last one until the end of january when we will hit
again with full force. we are currwently only booking texas bands, but that
could expand as the night grows so please send me music if you can to: 8549
capitol of tx hwy N. #3129   austin,TX 78759. talk soon,
dave palmer

--Boundary_(ID_YD6M6o4lRJMecEaVhc8EZw)