Re: [microsound] responding to Greg, peripheral musing

> Old school? Could be. But actually, I just don't have the cash for a
> laptop.

Neither do I. I generally find improvision more satisfying than the usual
computer composition happening these days anyhow.

> Cheers.
>
> p.s. Could you please describe the New Zealand scene a bit? I know Corpus
> Hermeticum, which seems to be putting out some interesting stuff, but is
> there an audience for that stuff in New Zealand?

There is an audience but it is small, although proportionally it could be
quite large, but remember we are talking a nation of 3.7 million. Corpus
Hermeticum tends to focus more on lo-fi improvision/drone things (I don't
believe there are any computer-music releases on the label... although the
newest release is Noetinger/Wehowsky/Marchetti who are french electronic
improvisors tied with Metamkine)
of course the Sigma Editions label is run by some ex-pat kiwis as was
mentioned on a thread earlier. Dean Roberts in NYC etc...
pretty small scale, guess its like that in australia, but they seem to have
taken more of interest in experimental computer work in the past few years,
or at least have a fairly large number of people producing it.