Re: [microsound] lag tunes ?

> is there any music that is centered on lag? ie: playback of songs on a
slow
> computer where the lag affects the song, kind of similar to a CD skipping.
>
> i'm working on a tune right now (sequenced in acid) and when it gets to a
> certain point, my computer can't take it. freaks out and lags like hell,
but
> it sounds, well, interesting...plays very small increments of the song at
> time.. kind of like an audio strobe light. or a tremelo effect, but
> different.

I know using the Reaktor software by native instruments you can alter the
Maximum CPU Usage setting, normally it sits around 95% after which it shuts
down the instruments and patches. Setting it to 150% will give results as
above, when usage gets too heavy the audio stutters and breaks apart as CPU
usage gets too high.

i mean doesn't most "glitch" music rely on the overloading of the CPU to
produce unreliable results?