What is Microsound?

Hello all,

I'm after a few choice words from everybody as to their conception of the term "microsound", a sort of plethora of aesthetic images this term brings to mind, concepts, texts stray words whatever.

I'm about to start on a little manifesto/essay/article, partly serious but written completely non-academically (as I feel is befitting for what I see as a genre distinct from academic sound research - I could be wrong?).

also has anybody put together a microsound Frequently Asked Question's? if so point me in the right direction, it could be useful.

I'm especially interested in those of you who are involved in non-digital microsound, either avoiding use of computers altogether or using them only as mastering/mixing devices (avoiding dsp, non-sequential editing etc).

what is this microsound phenomena? and what backgrounds are we coming from here... we seem to have people coming from rock music, techno, noise, improvisation, this fascinates me. I would like to make loose links to obvious historical folk, the French concreteists for example but also artists who could be considered outside that framework but approach sound in a similar meta-musical way. ideas, pathways to follow anyone? what is essential microsound reading? gimme a book list.

aut{audio.image.script}
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~destruct/aut