Re: [microsound] oops...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lance @ Inaudible" <lance@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2000 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [microsound] oops...

 oops. sorry about that people. to make up for
 my error, here are some new microsound-related
 releases i've been into lately:

. Keith Rowe + Kim Cascone: with hidden noise cd (Anechoic Media)

I just ordered this. How is it? What's it sound like? Can you distinguish Rowe?

I've never heard any of Rowe's solo works so i cant
recognize what parts of this release are his but here
is what i think of the release:

With Hidden Noise is the second release on Kim
Cascone's own Anechoic Media label. The sound of
this release harkens back to the early days of
silent records with deep dark textures that remind
one of deeper than space, flask, etc. This cd is a
1-track release clocking in at just under 20 minutes
and, unlike the more recent Cascone releases, it's
a dark drone-based piece with subtle muted
electronic accents dispersed throughout the piece.
Since Kim Cascone hasnt incorporated drones in
his more recent works, i'm assuming that they are
Keith Rowe's contributing to the project and Kim
is responsible for the minimalistic compliments
and manipulations. Overall a solid and dark piece
of music that can both move and disturb the listener.
--

-->-Lance----
PO Box 450715