RE: [microsound] microsound future

	The music industry itself is currently there. As music production
becomes 'easier' and smaller, the mystique behind the creation of music is
lost. Anyone with a computer can now create a song/track. Anyone can be a
'sound designer'. I think Its a bit more difficult to map to either design
or architecture though. John Smith can't build a building, encode it
digitally and post it on the web for all to download and live in.
	However I also think the music industry has seen this wave before in
the late 70's with punk (and to a lesser extant in the 50's with rock). The
idea that anyone could pick up an instrument and play. I personally think
that this idea, and ones we are seeing now (the ease of digital
distribution, being the main one) create awesome shifts in the music
industry, allowing new genres to evolve.
	I wonder what will happen 20 years from now.

m.
plex/elliot