Re: [microsound] microsound future

[children advisory: gratuitous content & crude language below.  start
your vcr.]

> the music industry's days are numbered but so is the integrity of
> intellectual property rights and that is something that will affect us ALL.
> any musician can put out music from his/her home and as the technology
> improves will also be able to distribute hi/fi sounding songs/pieces from
> home,however, by the time this is a reality the concept of music
> publishing(at least in a mechanical royalties sense) will have been
> eradicated thus making it practically impossible for musicains to make money
> from the sale of actual product. liscenses and hard-core followings at live
> performances will be what's left for the direct way of making a living for
> music artists. this is both good and bad, but a whole lot of ya'll part
> timers better keep your day jobs!

unfortunately, you are writing this a year too late.  the enemy has won
& we have been disarmed.  by the way, the american people have also
voted for a republican government.

i would say more but i find this topic to be a fucking depressing one,
prime example if we needed one (& fuck do we not) of human apathy,
gullibility, incompetence, stupidity, near-sightedness, & its total lack
of coherence, responsibility & care.  hard to find a better ground for a
return to a superparanoid augustinian mindset.  come on baby, trust the
authority of your SENSES will you?  you like it eh?  then it's GOOD,
don't you get it?!  YOU LIKE BRITNEY, EAT IT UP & SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS,
if IT FEELS *GOOD* then it's **GOOD**.

actually, that's just why i'm going overboard on this.  IT FEELS GOOD TO
HAVE ANGST & TO FEEL MORALLY SUPERIOR!  & TO WRITE IN CAPS & USE
INAPPROPRIATE PUNCTUATION!!!  FUCK THIS STUPID INTELLECTUAL MUSIC FOR
PEOPLE WITH NO LIFE OR GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!!  IT HAS NO FEEEELLIIINNNGGSSSS
THAT I CAN RECOGNIZE!!!!!!  it's not even MUSIC!!!

oh YES!!!!!!!!!!!@@@###  NOW I FEEL GOOD!  I FEEL... POWERFUL!!!  i
feel...  I FEEL LIKE I'M ON AOL AGAIN!!!!!!!!

~ david