Re: [microsound] |-| Re:eR [microsound] autechre/richard devine// techniques ]]

> I don't know, if I hear someone that's not Oval doing skipping cds stuff I
just think
> "Next !".

well thats kind of lame because there were definitely people into doing it
before Oval.  Whats so special about Oval other than the fact that they were
in the right place at the right time for distribution and subsequent the
journalistic fawning?  I'm not saying they're not good and talented and
probably took CD skipping farther than anyone else, using it as their
primary gimmick so to speak, why does that make anyone else using it less
valid?

> > one of the reasons I love this music is that I have no idea what i'm
about
> > hear from whoever is producing it. predicatibility isn't an issue.
>
> Personally I have to disagree. I have to say that for me microsound has
become
> predictable pretty quickly. I pretty much know what to expect from a lot
of the
> records I buy. There are a lot of commonly used elements throughout a lot
of
> "microsound" music.

some labels like Mego try to specialize in a certain sound.  The whole idea
is to release a lot of albums from a lot of different bands that all sound
the same.  That doesnt mean you have to listen to every release.  I think
its good that you're not satisfied, always keep seeking out new and unique
music.