Re: [microsound] |-| Re:eR [microsound] autechre/richard devine// techniques ]]

> well thats kind of lame because there were definitely people into doing it
> before Oval.  Whats so special about Oval other than the fact that they were
> in the right place at the right time for distribution and subsequent the
> journalistic fawning?  I'm not saying they're not good and talented and
> probably took CD skipping farther than anyone else, using it as their
> primary gimmick so to speak, why does that make anyone else using it less
> valid?

i agree and as was previously said Disc rule
No matter how it has been created if it rings something in me I'm happy even
better if it something totally unique and new but that tends to be rare so I
wouldn't spoil my pleasure in seeking for the ultimate gem... discovery. Same
thing with my everyday life i try to make the most of what happens daily, not
paying attention to my past or dreaming of my future, just trying to live my
present. Right now my present is Mikael Stavostrand "lite"...

> some labels like Mego try to specialize in a certain sound.  The whole idea
> is to release a lot of albums from a lot of different bands that all sound
> the same.  That doesnt mean you have to listen to every release.  I think
> its good that you're not satisfied, always keep seeking out new and unique
> music.

I like when a label has a strong identity. I have stopped to try to achieve
that for my labels because I do not want to be trapped but nevertheless I enjoy
other labels with that attitude.
have a nice day / philippe

http://www.bip-hop.com
unconventional sound adventures, adventurous & creative electronica...
BiP-HOp Generation v.1
MARUMARI / SCHNEIDER TM / PHONEM / GOEM / ULTRA MILKMAIDS / MASSIMO
BiP-HOp Generation v. 2
AROVANE / BERNARD FLEISCHMANN / WARMDESK / KÖHN / WANG INC. / LAURENT PERNICE
Bip-Hop is a label devoted to spread  unconventional sound adventures,
adventurous & creative electronica... sounds, based on machines, mix,
modulations, modifications, sampling, glitches, clicks & cuts... blip...
bleep... bip... BiP-HOp Generation