Re: [microsound] |-| Re:eR [microsound] autechre/richard devine// techniques ]]

I just started reading this thread so my apologies if I'm being redundant...
I like the music discussed on this list because it often has a more complex
conceptual layer. It's annoying to see this reduced to a "who did what
first" kind of discussion. To me this represents a genrefication and
simplification of the music and its associated issues. This developing
rigidity does not bode well for the immediate future of this music.
Innovation and good music will continue I'm sure, whether in spite or
because of "microsound".

-km