Re: [microsound] coh's "iron" on wavetrap

my but i'm enjoying the new coh album, "iron," on his own wavetrap
label. one thing many micro/dsp people tend to forget is to write a bit of
music when compiling their late-night audio research findings. coh really
does a good job of combining weirdness, texture, structure, and even
tunefulness on this record. i've all of ivan's other releases and enjoy
them in turn, but this strikes me as the most successful and
fully-realized of his releases. tip!

i concur ... it is a great release ... especially played loud...
when he performed the work at a show in DC with me... it was a physical experience...all those low pulsing loops... a real aural treat : )

richard
--
r  i  c  h  a  r  d    c  h  a  r  t  i  e  r
soundwork . visualwork . designwork .

http://www.3particles.com
chartier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OUT NOW
series [LINE, usa] CD  http://www.12k.com
"sent" on VARIIOUS comp [intransitive, usa] 2CD

OUT SOON
"untitled60sec" on Computer Music Journal comp (CMJ) CD, jan 2001
typeof [fallt, ireland] 3" CD, winter 2000 http://www.fallt.com/invalidObject/typeof
"herein, then" on .00. comp [fylkingen records, sweden] CD, feb 2001
Layeral Intersect #2: imperception (mix by kim cascone) [deadtech/anechoic, usa] 3" CD, feb 2001
"010101" on "between two points" comp [12k/LINE, usa] 2CD, march 2001
"filer" on "clicks and cuts 2" comp [mille plateaux, germany] 2CD, april 2001
TBA [trente oiseaux, germany] CD, june 2001

LIVE. Lovebytes (sheffield, uk) march 2001 http://www.lovebytes.org.uk