Re: AW: [microsound] laptops

dont get me wrong I totally agree with you on this...
I just feel that if machines tat are suppoesed to be the "multimedia"
machines they dont make it easy for people who are doing so...
Neil..

that is true.. there was no real REASON to take out the audio in port (or was there?)... it's not like it takes up much space on the back..

Perhaps taking out the A/D converter saved a few ounces, weight being one of the key stats for the laptop wars. I'm told one of the lightest PC laptops didn't even include CD/DVD drive in the model... it's a lot easier to make a lightweight computer if you leave off all the peripherals! Just think how light they could be if you missed out the hard drive... well, just a thought...

Michael = http:www.foundrysite.com/eM