Re: [microsound] laptops

>>on another subject, anyone know anything about the person named Surge who
>>has a track on the 12k1008 comp?
>>
>>-scott a
>>

>If it's the same Surge they are two, they come from The Netherlands and
>have published one cd for Bake records titled 'First' and one for
>Microwave' called 'Landslide'. This one was made exclusively triggering one
>MS20.
>That's all i know about them.

they are the same. they use mainly analogue stuff. on that 12k comp is a
korg ms20 and a casio vl tone 1. (funny to see this thread inside e-mails
called 'laptops' as they don't use laptops). Last week I saw on Boxmedia'
website that there is a 12" by Goem and Surge soon, and it said that Surge
= Roel Meelkop (also of Goem). I know Roel quite a bit and I am sure he's
not Surge

I think their 'first' on bake records is their best work. very fresh,
minimal and funny.

best

Frans