Re: [microsound] vladislav delay: ANIMA, plus RLW

-------s asked:

> What do people think of Vladislav Delay's ANIMA?

a real disappointment.

http://www.fakejazz.com/reviews/2001/delay.shtml

> Could anyone recommend other RLW or P16?

i like "Distruct" - tracks (de)constructed by Wehowsky from source tapes
provided by Merzbow, Haters, DDAA, De Fabriek, Nocturnal Emissions, and the
other "usual suspect" round-up of the early-'80s experimental underground.
most of it is very crunch n' paste-y - sticky s'mores concrète - but a few
tracks sound like electro/acoustic improv of the Drumm, Téterault, Voice
Crack, I.S.O. (etc) persuasion. "Distruct" complements the "Masse Mensch"
compilation RLW released on Selektion, with old cut-ups NWW, Laughing Hands,
DDAA, P16.D4., Smegma (who inspired "Distruct"), and... The Work? isn't that
Tim Hodgkinson's gig? odd.

well, Odd Size did reissue both LPs on disc.

gg/
gg2g4ink@xxxxxxxxxxx

"establish enigmas. not explanations." - robert smithson

np: luna - live (arena rock recording co.)