Re: RLW

greg wrote:

I will disagree here, as the Conrad related recordings on TotE are >pretty damn fantastic.

Man, I knew I was gonna take some flak for my table of the elements comments. I guess I mean that there have been multiple instances of me purchasing a glossy TOTE album, only to find that each listen turns out to be an endurance test (eg, dead c; conrad; youngs).

His Early Minimalism 1 box set and the recent
Cale/Conrad/Maclaise/Young/Zazella "Day of Niagara" are not only well
packaged but are important documents of 60's experimental sound.

funny, because one of the legal criticisms leveled against the TOTE label by mr.Lamonte Young himself is that the "Niagra" packaging falls WAYYY short of his personal aesthetic standards. i'd actually be interested in knowing what those standards are, considering that Lamonte Young albums/recorded material are about as rare as the beef i had last night. here's a link to Young's legal "statement" concerning TOTE's decision to covertly release his album:

http://www.virtulink.com/mela/statemen.htm

plus, the whole Young/Zazeela/Dream Syndicate legacy is rivaled only by fleetwood mac in terms of bloated vanity, drugs, and bad hair.

BOB maynard

np: fleetwood mac "tusk"   (a brilliant album, no jokes.)