Re: [microsound] micropolitics

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:05:46 -0800 Joseph Siemion <jsiemion@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

> my sense of m.sound is that it remains devoid of message and sign
> and
> points
> to nothing other than itself. and this is part of the appeal of it,
> that
> there is no
> message
I think that we differ on that one. Any "messages" that may be inherent
in music of any kind, doesn't have to be obvious or worn on it's sleeve.
Although I do like the sense that a lot of micro/electro music for me,
seems to have a somewhat neutral vibe to it. By neutral, I'm not speaking
necessarily of political view points, but of many emotional and/or other
personality traits that surface in a lot of other kinds of music. Like
some microsound music, my own pieces have something they're trying to
convey or are making reference to, but one can easily tune that aspect
out, if they so choose. Try tuning out, "hit me baby one more time", if
you listen to it. Yikes!
Dale Lloyd - Know Random Events cdr now available.
                           New cdr release, Vulcan Augmented, available
soon.  http://overheard.homestead.com/lloyd.html
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.