Re: [microsound] micropolitics

Joseph Siemion <jsiemion@xxxxxxxx>
> writes:
>
> > my sense of m.sound is that it remains devoid of message and sign
> > and
> > points
> > to nothing other than itself. and this is part of the appeal of
> it,
> > that
> > there is no
> >
> message

dale:
> I think that we differ on that one. Any "messages" that may be
> inherent
> in music of any kind, doesn't have to be obvious or worn on it's
> sleeve.

lets make this a 'performing live' part two and take up days of arguing
over.... what was that thread about again?! ;)

i agree with you that message doesnt have to be so obvious to be
"there", but
if it is of concern to the artist that the listener receive the message,
then
id argue he should display the message 'on his sleeve', which in this