Re: [microsound] aesthetics of failure: article in CMJ

"the tool is the message" is being read too literally here. kim is
alluding to marshall mcluhan's famous phrase "the medium is the
message," which attempted to characterize the role that information
technologies play in shaping and inflecting the content they trasmit. kim
doesn't mean -- just as mcluhan didn't -- that all messages thereby become
equivalent (for that, you'll have to go to baudrillard).

sc