Re: [microsound] Sampling the family dog: was Re: [microsound] D avid Kristian

I would have to say te most interesting use of the family dog was christof
migones use of dog sounds in a work in which he first presented at the
cec's electro-radio days back in the early to mid 90s, I cant remember the
exact date of the performance. In fact I cant even remember much about my
own performance at the same festivel, I think the festivel took place a
few months prior to the release of the ding dong delux compilation on
ohm/avatar. Any how Chistof used not only recordings of this dog but the
actualy live dog in the performance. I belive this same audio work was
later done as a peice for tape diffusion for dance. Man Ireally wish I
could remember more about it but all I do remember is that I really like
the use of the dog panting sounds and walking around a hardwood floor and
the odd half speaking sounds that the dog would make which made up for the
most part along with a few other sounds and text the bulk of the audio
work. I dont think this work has ever been released other then on a tape
he put out again some time befor 95 and after 93. Maybe one day he will
put this out on one of his recording who knows maybe on his upcomming
alien 8 release. I my self am partial to sampling the sounds of friends
siamese cats...........
Neil..

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, James Warchol wrote:

> I sampled my pitbull Lucky while he was chewing on his hard rubber "Kong"
> toy for one of my Loam tracks. The sound was great. I also used him on a
> track I just finished for a sound/art installation.
>
> My new motto: Out of ideas? Let's see what the dog is up to...
>
> -jim

> out now on topscore usa
> loam s/t CD (ts4)
> http://www.topscoreusa.com
> metric music for standard people
>
> on 4/2/01 12:55 PM, Russell, Josh (JC) at jcrussell@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > don't forget the sounds of berhard guenter's "Mu" sleeping peacefully on the
> > lowercasesound compilation.

Neil Wiernik
neil@xxxxxxxxx