hecker

> People really seem to get angry sometimes when they can't hear somebody
> singing or playing an instrument,and for some the lack of such a human
> presence makes some things fall immediately outside of music or musicmaker
> and falls into the category of noise.

the most personal hecker gig I've seen, he spilled a full beer into his
laptop. is that the modern equivalent of trashing your marshall stack by
sledghammering it with your fender strat? (while it's burning?)

> some of my friends with
> strong musical backgrounds cant get past the surface cause they are looking
> for musical concepts to navigate them through the peice, or they have to be
> satisfiyed that the track is musically dynamic, but this stuff really dosent
> use beats or melodies in such a straight forward manner, maybe its more
> about an obsession with sound and process.

I'm sorry, but if your friends have a 'strong musical background' I would
imagine that they wouldn't confuse beats and melodies for musical concepts
unless their 'strong musical background' doesn't progress beyond 1900.  I
don't mean to bash your friends or anything, but I think it's a matter of
how one consumes music.  some people prefer conceptual art and others prefer
budweiser commercials. it only means that some people like to think about
what they consume, and others simply prefer to be told what to think.