Re: [microsound] completely OT yet so on-topic

At 12:11 PM 4/25/01 -0400, you wrote:
>> As for raging masses smashing in windows or (presumed-to-be) legitimate
>> attacks on public institutions etc., this is yet a behavior
>> dis(ap)proved in several instances already in the past and actually not
>> all too democratically civilized, either ...
>
>undemocratic?  you mean the 4 windows that were smashed by drunk people
>around 3am following the peak of military repression?  or the people
>throwing back chemical grenades back to police soldiers who attacked
>peaceful protesters?  or the graffitis on some banks & U.S. chain
>restaurants (with small commerce left untouched)?  or the symbolic
>taking down of the fence?

>anyone that is not a corporation or a fellow "democratic country"?

>puh-leeeze, as they say.
Very funny indeed how if you're involved in grassroots struggles in a Latin
American nation, you get anonymous threats to you and your family members.
Having been to Mexico on several occasions in my youth and occasionally
housed some exchange students from there, I've heard more than a little on
this. There's a crazy amount of democracy there let me tell you, oh and
last i heard corporatism and democracy were oxymorons.

Brendan