Re: [microsound] politics of music: online labels

> some of the most original music is hidden
>on the net somewhere, & its author probably doesn't even think of
>themselves as a "valid" musician (because like most they have been led
>to think you're not a musician until you get a contract).

and not only b/c of that, but also cos their music isnt available in a
commodity form. they cant participate in the buying and selling of "product"
(as i recently heard kylie minogue refer to her music by), they're not real
people! (iron.)

found your site marc, v.nice [esp. good to see xenakis being appreciated],
also yours eloy. mine's at http://skyboom.com/soba/ . currently in its
infant stages, and running into a few probs w. ftp so mp3 music and 'about'
sections not quite up to scratch yet. hopefully this will be rectified
v.soon/ could get a bit of linkage to you guys as well if yu like.

where are you at david (url-wise)?

btw.can recom.mend the meta.am site that meta posted to the list. nice
noisysounds.nice vis/stuff

marc.

ps. glad to see we've moved onto something constructive whil the
>completelyOT< thread goes off its head. pity it couldnt have been maintained at
a more civil level though, as i think we have everything to gain from a
_reasonable_ and _reasoned_ discussion.