Re: [microsound] MAX/MSP

>if you don¹t want the robust user base and 3rd party object that are
>available for Max/MSP, then why not join the GNU opensource fray for PD or
>Jmax.

Good advice, since the opensource movement has a robust user base and plenty
of 3rd party objects, or you could buy a development package (such as Code
Warrior) that is not open-source and enjoys a robust user base and 3rd party
objects.  Or you could buy Cycling 74's development environment.  Cycling
'74 may in fact have the 'best' development product on the market right now
for all I know, I just don't think they should go around claiming its the
only way since it isnt.

> > lifestyle C74 is pushing.
>
> silly

I agree, its silly.  Almost as silly as the microsound lifestyle, or the
broader techno-fetishist lifestyle.