Mutekmusings

right before these messages i was wondering to myself why no one had spoken of mutek on this list after the fest was over..

> having been to Mutek, I can almost agree with you, but I think there
 were a few more that weren't just house then just kapotte muziek &
 goem (both happen to be my things). The sets by Tetrault/i8u and AE
 lab weren't house at all (and maybe to some extent not even clicks &
> cuts? neither of which is Kapotte Muziek and Goem).

also there was a set by VRAC which i also enjoyed and was very non dancey rhythmic.. more pulsating.

the tetrault/I8U and goem/KM performances were the definate highlights and as well was MATMOS' squiggly queesy set (which i mean in a good way) but i couldn't enjoy it fully as an audience member since i was onstage operating their video stuff. also m.stavostrand's set was very enjoyable.. somewhere between dancey and shifting...

on the upside, i did however buy the AElab CD (oral) which i thought was one solid slab of "unsettling ambience" if i may call it that. another nice CD in that field is the new transelectronic theory CD on iorecords, by fellow listmember rj valeo. both albums would get considerably more praise than they do now had they been issued by a certain german empire, but what can you do.

both are very good recordings..

the AElab still gets heavy rotation when i am at home and in the dj booth.
excellent!

 +                +   r  i  c  h  a  r  d    c  h  a  r  t  i  e  r

http://www.3particles.com
chartier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HONORARY MENTION in DIGITAL MUSIC (PRIX ARS ELECTRONICA 2001) http://prixars.aec.at/2001/prix.asp for series [LINE, usa] CD http://www.12k.com

OUT NOW
decisive forms [trente oiseaux, germany] CD http://www.trenteoiseaux.com
3 compositions on chronologi: 12k year 1 - year 4  [instinct records, usa ] 2CD
"filer" on clicks & cuts 2 comp [mille plateaux, germany] 2CD
"010101" on between two points  comp [12k/LINE, usa] 2CD http://www.12k.com

OUT SOON
typeof [fallt, ireland] 3" CD, june 2001  http://www.fallt.com
Layeral Intersect #2: psuedosphere  [deadtech/anechoic, usa] CD, june 2001

EVENT . FILLER @ blue room [washington, dc] sundays http://www.3particles.com/filler