North American Time Capsule 1967

Hi all, just found a copy of the (lp) Oddessy records release entitled
"Extended Voices" which contains, among other things, an Alvin Lucier
piece called "American Time Capsule 1967."

I was pretty astonished when I heard it for the first time last night,
aspparantly Lucier was working with vocoder as well as low-bit primitive
ur-digital type technologies. The amusing thing for me was how much many
of the sounds reminded me of Farmer's Manual and other Mego-type joints.

Does anyone have any good info/insight into this piece, it's procedures,
technologies, etc? Is the date 1967 to be taken at face value in terms of
the Oddessy recording? In other words, am I safe in assuming that what I'm
hearing is digital audio abuse ca. 1967?

Does anyone else have any experience with very early digital equipmnt,
esp. music that uses it, etc?

As a final marginally related addendum, I was thrilled to discover a
dumpster full of record albums on Friday last. I managed to salvage a
goodly collection of Stockhausen in mint condition. That's the kind of
strange magic that typifies Bloomington Indiana. You might find a dumpster
full of discarded Stockhausen records.

Ian Yeager
igy2k