respond to 2 points

>ah well it certainly had a tiresome effect on you Kim, because the analysis
>is very tired, no ?
no, becasue I offered no "analysis" Philippe...just my opinion...

>Not to sound offending,
no offense taken...

>but I was just reading Pauline
>Oliveros replying to a question dealing with "profund/deep listening" to
>sound itself without any regard to the source. and I must say that I agree
>with her replying that "Attention to source gets in the way, because if you
>are busy trying to identify everything you are not listening anymore, you are
>categorizing...".
OK...fair enough...guilty as charged...but after 25 years of being involved
in electronic music I'd say this is an occupational hazard...but I will
trot out my opinion on audio tools once again: "the medium is no longer the
message, the tool has become the message" and after listening to the
Confield CD for 3 days now I still find it to be Kyma generated
"shovel-ware"...

as I wrote to Mr Chartier reagarding Confield: "I think the new Oren
Ambarchi and Martin Ng CD on Staubgold is way more interesting...and I
heard Pimmon do a set at the Waveform Conf in Sydney that f*cking ripped my
head off: tasty layers of synthetic icons and grids jockeying for
foreground/background status...no organics whatsoever...all 100% fuct up
silicon grown bit crunch...very nice! it made the AE CD look like college
kids doing a digital media class assignment"

>of all the people on this list that are into theory, the creation of
>product and the intellectual aspect of
>composing music using machines and electronic, the last person i
>expected to totally slam autechre is you kim.
no RJ, this is exactly WHY I should be "slamming" Autechre (I don't really
think I was slamming them...I like most of their past efforts)...becasue
IMO Confield exibits a bit of the "emperors new clothes syndrome" and I
wanted to call attention to it...a list without members offering
controversial opinions and excercizing their right to enter into thorny
discourse is a list which has degenerated into little more than a
trainspotting "fan-club"...but this is just my tired analysis, no?

cest la vie,
KIM

kim.cascone
kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.anechoicmedia.com
http://deadtech.net/kim_cascone.htm
http://www.fallt.com/dust/
http://fals.ch/fXz/z1.pl?fz=138
microsound hotline server: microsound.dyn.dhs.org

booking_info: http://www.tsjok.com

"unable to locate tangent"