Re: [microsound] any good releases lately?

I think one thing that the fallt set illustrates clearly is the
diversity of end-result and approch that is microsound and lowercase.
... I've
particularly enjoyed Andreas Berthling's poised contribution and both
rsundin's and eM's incorporation of field recordings.

Thanks much for the kind words! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the iO set as I did not have a chance to download too many tracks when they were available, and all these comments are further whetting my appetite!

As for recent listening...

Pauline Oliveros in the Arms of Reynols is kind of a kick, and s[e]nd by Pure and Ultra Milkmaids (maybe not new, but I just found it) is pleasing and quiet glitch, I suppose a bit in the Oval realm. And my most recent fave is Jon Sheffield's It's Been So Long Since I've Seen the Ocean (on Tomlab), a total knockout, great use of field recordings/sounds... a very entertaining album that's hard to describe!

Michael

_______

out now "import" from the invalidObject series
http://www.fallt.com/invalidObject/import/index.html

out august 2001 "all the stars burning bright"
http:www.foundrysite.com/eM/allthestarsburningbright