labels

you know sometimes I find the bigger labels tend to water down some aspects of music.

i want to send a copy to
mille plateaux so they can reject it.

I guess some labels tend to always release great works, then you see the artists release on different labels and the work is not as good, maybe this is due to the vision and demands of the person running the label.

For example for awhile chain reaction released strong stuff, even the last matrix cd is really good.

and morr music seems to have a consistanly strong and high level of quality related to what they release.

sigma editions, also very strong consistant releases.

bla bla bla you get the idea,

maybe, i wonder how much does a label musically direct a release by a particular artist?

I guess my point here is maybe being rejected by a lable like MP is not such a bad thing.
You got to really keep in mind who you want to be associated with and why, labels have personalities and identites all there own, choose wisely.

and if you really want to just make your music availible to people, just mp3 your work and create a page where people can download your tracks when they want.