Stockhausen (was: Severed Heads)

>From: Øivind Idsø <plateaux@xxxxxxxxxx>
>I mean, Stockie is far, far out these days, and I
> don´t want my grandchildren to
> think I´m sent from the heavens or something.

I don't know if this is has been discussed already,
but how is Stockhausen's (relatively) recent work?  I
still receive newsletters/ads/catalogs from
Stockhausen-Verlag, which apparently is the harbinger
of the Apocalypse, but anyway...what's it like?  I
read an interview with some young electronic composer
(I forget...) who'd seen a Stockhausen performance at
Sonor or some such festival, and was blown away by the
use of surround sound.

-----s