Re: "sjb" microsound Digest 12 Sep 2001 18:22:59 -0000 Issue 407

i have to say that i thought i had seen human beings at their absolute
lowest yesterday - until i found this post on microsound. what kind of human
being can you possibly be to respond to something like this in this way?
there is a good chance that close to 40,000 people have died. all had
friends, all had family. all of it senseless and horrifically tragic. even
if you hate this country - you hate its policies, and perhaps even its
leaders, what right do you have to simply dismiss the lives of so many
innocent people? these are human beings. how can you equate the lives of
these people with anything other than sadness at the senseless killing of
innocent people. this event shouldn't be about illusions of safety, national
policy, or anything else that you mention - you can have your petty
arguments about politics and policies later - right now a huge number of
human beings have been killed, and at this point in time you should be
saddened by this. you should feel embarrassed to be a part of a species that
is capable of doing these kinds of things to each other. you should feel sad
for every person who lost a loved one. your callous bullshit has no purpose
here. have a fucking heart and grieve a little.  give some respect to the
human beings who have been killed for no reason. we all know that u.s.
policy has nothing to do with regular people - this is a country where the
person who won the election isn't even the president. regular people are not
responsible for what goes on here - and we all know this. but now is not the
time for you or anyone else to have so little respect for those people who
have died, and for those who are in pain. i can only hope that your post is
a 'stance'. a bullshit pose like mr. tolsma who simply wants to get a rise
out of folks. i simply can' believe it is real in a situation like this.
when we are discussing music, i suppose that is ok. your stupidity in those
cases simply makes you the equivalent of a 'class clown' - and similarly,
everyone may chuckle along at times, yet no one is your friend. but in this
case this attitude is simply wrong. there is no way to justify it.
personally i would be ashamed if i found out that an asshole like you owned
any of my cd's or ever listened to my work. i am ashamed to be a part of
this soundlist knowing that you and i might have a similar liking of a
record or two; and i am ashamed that your stupid petty post to this list has
gotten so under my skin. i wish i could simply dismiss your comments for the
stupidity that they hold; but unfortunately i am too upset at the moment to
let comments like these slide. i for one am not a supporter of everything my
country does, nor do i condone violence of any kind; and i will certainly be
just as saddened when this thing escalates to include the senseless
murdering of others no matter who they are; but at the moment i would like
to think that most of the folks who are intelligent enough to be a part of
this music scene are also human enough to be saddened by human suffering and
anguish no matter who the people are who have suffered.
steve

p.s. don't bother to reply as i don't really give a rat's ass about what
else you have to say.

p.s.s. on a lighter note, what the fuck is 'a veil of mayonnaise'?