Re: [microsound] Re: "sjb" microsound Digest 12 Sep 2001 18:22:59 -0000 Issue 407

> p.s. read some works on epistemology, along with about any thinkers
> during the last 150 years. the attempts to divorce the subject in a
> completely cognitive act has failed. the affective and subjective
> feelings we experience are a necessary part of coping with any
> situation, especially one of this magnitude.

obviously, mark.

i find hermann hesse to fit into this perfectly. a brilliant writer who in the midst of world war II
had nothing but pitty for his country.

the horse i was referring to was that of emotive response. so what if it is part of coping with this
situation. i dealt with the 'feelings' in a matter of seconds. from that point, it was imperative to
me
to address the objective issues. 'feeling better' is not an issue for me. i grew beyond 'feeling
better' many years ago. life is a constant variable for me due to my understanding of nature,
evolution,
and, human conciousness.

in all honesty, take the greiving to an organized support structure like "church".
i believe this list to be about the discussion of ideas. and one idea to note is the hierarchy of
human needs
and how it has crumbled to a silly basic upon the advent of this catastrophy. not only are we all
talking about it,
but we're all talking about it. and then we are talking about it some more, and then we are giving
blood, and
then talking about it some more. great. all done here.

..s