Re: [microsound] CSound Advice

Hi Igor,

Hmm. I'm not sure why that "how to install on windows" link is broken on cSounds.com . That's unusual. However, you can get to the same page from a separate front page (for the book)
which is at http://www.csounds.com/frontpage/index.html

if you click on "Getting Started" on your left, you will see options for installing the program on different platforms.

The program download and the manuals are all available from the frontpage as well.
just click on "getting csound"

A directX version has been written by Gabriel Maldonado. Everyone I know who
uses csound on a PC is very happy with this version. All of the information regarding
it is located at:
http://web.tiscali.it/G-Maldonado/download.htm

Luca Pavan has also added some very usable Direct csound GUIs:

http://www.csounds.com/pavan/index.html

As far as learning the program, I suggest going through the tutorials on the site.
Dr. Boulanger's tutorials are very usful and a great place to start:

http://www.csounds.com/tutorials/toots/index.html

Good Luck, I hope this information helps.

take care.

Bobby.

_one thought : many forms_

http://www.cSounds.com