an interesting book

Paul Theberge, Any Sound You Can Imagine: Making Music/Consuming
Technology

This book came out several years ago, so pardon me if most of you
already know about it. I just thought it was very interesting in light
of the recently deceased thread regarding microsound and materialism, as
well as the more recently active dialogue about Eno. I recommend it
(which is not necessarily an endorsement of any positions expressed in
Theberge's book, but it does provide some interesting grounds for
discussion and debate; such as:

"By becoming 'consumers of technology,' many musicians have been able to
take advantage of the enormous productive potential of new digital
technologies. At the same time, however, they have witnessed the
incursion of capitalist relations upon their creative practices at the
most fundamental level and found it necessary to adopt increasingly
mediated forms of communication with one another."

Yep.)

But the alternative is?

-=Trace

--Boundary_(ID_K4LiueAi4FeJ26MMc6sDzA)