Re: [microsound] random

maybe naive is the wrong word, but i mean he had a more conventional notion of composerly subjectivity than cage. xenakis' work with stochastic processes seems to be more about a certain kind of faith in science than in any kind of subversion of the "composer". can anyone who knows more about xenakis back me up or prove me wrong? i'm not much of a xenakis expert, but thats my impression from the knowledge i have.

ph!L

On 29/12/01 23:57, | ph!L b3ndz d@ta | said in living color:

> xenakis seemed a little naive about what a "composer" should be, more so
> than cage.

How-Why-Please explain.

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - gollum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west